dinsdag 27 oktober 2009

My marriage actually improved!

I feel really fortunate to have a great husband and three great little kids. My husband and I have been together for 14 years, of which we have been married for 4. My marriage was not bad, but since we have very small children, it wasn't that good either. I started to focus on his downsides. I commented on everything he did wrong. But when I started being more positive in general, I automatically started to focus more on his positive traits and as that happened our relationship became more possitive and he has actually already changed somewhat and is doing more of the things I wanted him to do!
Is it pefect yet? No and maybe perfection isn't even that great after all. But I still want to improve myself (every now and then I return to my old habbit of focussing on the aspects of my hubbie that I consider to be not that positive) and in the process, whithout him knowing ;-), improve my hubbie as well!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. yeah, my relationship with my girlfriend is no where near yours but i think that my relationship is going to turn out good. Yeah you never suppose to expect perfection, because really there is no such thing. Make sure both of you work it out together, and you should be fine.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Great that you have such a good relationship with your girlfriend! Indeed, perfection is not something you should strive for I guess, I actually do not even think a really perfect relationship where nothing ever goes wrong is all that perfect after all. But I really found that positivity really helps and can really turn a relationship around. If one starts being really positive, the other will usually automatically follow!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen